|Visit one of our branches to sign up today!
View Chequing Accounts FAQs
1. How much money do I need to open a personal chequing account?
$100.00 for EC personal, $200.00 for US personal
2. How much money do I need to open a club, association or business
$200.00 for either EC or US account.
3. Do I need ID to open an account?
Yes, 2 pieces of ID are required. A passport and a government-issued picture ID.
Children under age 12 who hold a Future Planner account may present a birth certificate.
4. Can I remove a name from a joint personal chequing account?
No. The account would have to be closed and a new account opened.
5. How can I add someone’s name to my chequing account?
Write a letter indicating the name(s) of the person(s) to be added, and indicate what the signing instructions are to be.
6. How long is a cheque valid for?
A cheque is valid for 6 months.
7. What do I do if a cheque is lost or stolen?
Report the matter to the Bank immediately! If you have access to online banking, you can forward the information immediately via online banking. Please state the date, payee and amount of the cheque.
8. Are there any penalties for closing a National Bank Account?
Closing a chequing account within 6 months of opening attract a $25.00 fee.