|Visit one of our branches to sign up today!
View Chequing Accounts FAQs
1. How much money do I need to open a personal chequing account?
$100.00 for EC personal, $200.00 for US personal
2. How much money do I need to open a club, association or business
$200.00 for either EC or US account.
3. Do I need ID to open a club, association or business chequing account?
Yes, 2 pieces of government issued IDs are required.
4. Can I remove a name from a joint personal chequing account?
No. The account would have to be closed and a new account opened.
5. How can I add someone’s name to my chequing account?
A letter written to the Accounts Manager is required to add the name(s) of the person(s) desired on the account. The letter should also indicate the signing instructions.
6. How long is a cheque valid for?
A cheque is valid for 6 months.
7. What should I do if a cheque is lost or stolen?
Report the matter to the Bank immediately! If you have access to online banking, you can forward the information immediately via online banking. Please state the date, payee and amount of the cheque.